I’m all for adding a little alcoholic zing to my dessert. So when I found this recipe for Chocolate Beer Cupcakes I knew I had to try it out. Not only is there stout in the cake, but a generous splash of Irish whiskey in the buttercream. The best part? They’re totally vegan.
These cupcakes are moist, chocolatey and a little boozy. The recipe comes from Chloe Coscarelli and you can find the full recipe here. I decided to keep things simple and skipped the caramel topping. See how they turned out below!
Chocolate Beer Irish Whiskey Cupcakes
- Not all stouts are vegan. Here’s a list of vegan friendly beers.
- Some sugar companies use bone-char filters, meaning that not all sugar is vegan. Read more on that here.
- The beer flavour won’t come out in the cake. It is used to enhance the chocolate flavour.
- The whiskey flavour does come out in the icing. In the spirit of going all in, I used about triple the Irish whiskey that the recipe calls for. It’s a good idea to add the whiskey slowly until you get the flavour you’re looking for.
- Chloe’s recipe makes 14 cupcakes. But if you like big cupcakes like me, the recipe is perfect for 12. The bigger the better, right?
Once the cupcakes cooled, I piped the buttercream frosting onto each cupcake using a decorating bag and open star tip. Then I sprinkled some cocoa powder on top.
And there you have it – mouthwatering chocolate beer cupcakes so tasty that no one needs to know they’re vegan. Enjoy 🙂