There’s nothing like the thrill of running a marathon or half marathon. The cheering crowd, the adrenaline, the beer at the finish line… But runners know too well that there’s a stark contrast between race day and that post-race Monday. If you’re feeling a little alarmed, don’t worry – you’re not alone.
Here Are 10 Signs You Just Ran A Half Marathon
1. While yesterday you sped around with vivaciousness, today the elderly are passing you on the escalator.
2. You literally cannot go down stairs.
3. When you pass a line up of people, you are confused when none of them want to high five you.
4. You are extremely impressed by anyone with a marathon bib and medal. You also hate them.
5. You have become acutely aware of how many muscles it takes to lift a leg. Ow. Ow. Ow…
6. You keep littering by accident. Wait – there’s no clean up crew around here?
Photo: Flickr/Melissa Wall
7. You can no longer do anything unless someone cheers you on. You mean, I won’t get a medal for going to work today? Pffft.
8. You have developed an irrational fear of hills. And a new admiration for bananas.
9. If something falls on the floor, it stays there.
10. You have no idea why you thought a half marathon was a good idea. And yet you can’t wait to line up again next year.